OK, one more recipe... This was one I had in the archives from a couple weeks ago...
Isn't it pretty? I love colorful summer dishes like this, that are guilt-free and filling at the same time. Not to mention packed with good-for-you stuff :)
Ingredients can certainly vary, depending on the veggies you love! I used:
- 1 grilled chicken breast, cut into strips
- 1/2 pound spaghetti
- couple turns of olive oil
- 1-2 marinated artichoke hearts, cut into fourths
- 1 yellow squash, sliced
- 1/2 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 cup of broccoli, chopped
- 1 small tomato, chopped
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic
- fresh basil, chopped
- juice of 1 half lemon
- 1/4 cup white wine *optional
- Parmesan cheese, to taste
In a deep skillet over medium-high, heat the olive oil. Add the garlic, onion and bell pepper. Saute until onion is translucent. Add in the squash, tomato, broccoli, and peas. Saute until crisp-tender. Add the artichoke and chicken. The squash and tomato should make a nice broth together. If too dry, add some wine or water, or chicken broth.
Add the pasta and toss. Sprinkle with the lemon, cheese, and basil.