My good friend, Berry, had a fundraiser for ALL this weekend, and I offered to help her with some food. The majors were covered, so I opted for this winner-every-time salad! BTW - Berry celebrates 10 years cancer-free! We heart Berry!
I'm told the party-goers raved about this salad, so I'm posting the recipe here:
Best Broccoli Salad
- 2 bunches of broccoli - washed and chopped finely (I discard the stems - and I used a handcrank processor to chop the broccoli finely and uniform)
- 1 cup of finely minced red onion (also chopped in the processor)
- 1/2 cup of dried cranberries (you can also use white raisins)
- 1/2 cup chopped candied pecans
- 4 strips bacon cooked crisp, then chopped in the processor (this renders all the flavor)
- 1 TB red wine vinegar
- 1 TB raspberry vinegar
- 3/4 cup mayo
- 1/2 cup sugar
In a small bowl, combine the dressing ingredients. Mix well and pour over broccoli mixture.
Toss gently. Refrigerate covered until ready to serve. Toss again before serving, as dressing tends to settle at the bottom.
Easy and delicious!